Admiral William McRaven (Commencement Address UT 2014)
This Navy SEAL, UT graduate of 1977, learned these lessons in SEAL training. Admiral McRaven reminds us that our struggles are similar, but these lessons will help us to move forward and to change ourselves and our world.
1. Little things do matter.
2. Everyone must contribute to succeed.
3. Respect everyone.
4. Accept the fact that life may not appreciate you.
5. Failure is part of life.
6. Take some risks.
7. Stand up to the sharks in life.
8. Be calm and be your best in the darkest moments.
9. Recognize the power of hope and one person.
10 Don't ever give up.